The ProxySG 6.6 Advanced Administration course is intended for IT professionals who wish to learn to master the advanced features of the ProxySG.
By the completion of this course, you will be able to:
• Solve common authentication and SSL issues
• Understand the underlying architecture of SGOS
• Monitor and analyze ProxySG performance
• Use policy tracing as a troubleshooting tool
You must have working knowledge of ProxySG Administration and should possess advanced knowledge of networking, security, and authentication.
This course is for IT network or security professionals who have practical experience with the ProxySG in the field and wish to master the advanced network security of the ProxySG.
Module 1: Using Authentication Realms
• Describe the benefits of enabling authentication on the ProxySG
• Describe, at a high level, the ProxySG authentication architecture
• Understand the use of IWA realms, with both IWA Direct and IWA BCAAA connection methods
Module 2: Understanding Authentication Credentials
• Describe how NTLM and Kerberos authentication work in both IWA direct and IWA BCAAA deployments
• Configure the ProxySG to use Kerberos authentication
Module 3: Understanding Authentication Modes
• Describe authentication surrogates and authentication modes
• Describe ProxySG authentication in both explicit and transparent deployment mode
Module 4: Understanding HTTPS
• Describe key components of SSL encryption
• Describe how the SSL handshake works
• Describe some of the legal and security considerations related to use of the SSL proxy
Module 5: Managing SSL Traffic on the ProxySG
• Describe how the SSL proxy service handles SSL traffic
• Describe the standard keyrings that are installed by default on the ProxySG
• Identify the types of security certificates that the ProxySG uses
Module 6: Optimizing SSL Interception Performance
• Configure the ProxySG to process SSL traffic according to best practices for performance
Module 7: SGOS Architecture
• Identify key components of SGOS
• Explain the interaction among client workers and software workers in processing client requests
• Explain the significance of policy checkpoints
• Describe key characteristics of the SGOS storage subsystem
• Explain the caching behavior of the ProxySG
Module 8: Caching Architecture
• Describe the benefits of object caching on the ProxySG
• Explain the caching-related steps in a ProxySG transaction
• Identify and describe the HTTP request and response headers related to caching
• Describe, in general terms, how the ProxySG validates cached objects to ensure freshness
• Explain how the ProxySG uses cost-based deletion, popularity contests, and pipelining to improve object caching
Module 9: System Diagnostics
• Describe the use of the health monitor and health checks
• Explain the use of the event and access logs
• Describe the information available in advanced URLs and sysinfo files
• Describe the function of policy tracing and packet captures
Module 10: Introduction to Content Policy Language (CPL)
• Describe the fundamental concepts and purposes of ProxySG policy transactions
• Understand the relationship of layers, rules, conditions, properties, and triggers
• Describe the two types of actions in CPL
• Describe how to write, edit, and upload CPL code
Module 11: Using Policy Tracing for Troubleshooting
• Identify the two main types of ProxySG policy traces
• Describe the various sections of a policy trace result
• Configure a global and policy-driven trace • Access and interpret policy trace results
Module 12: ProxySG Integration
• Identify other Symantec products that can be used as part of a complete security solution
Engineer - IT Infrastructure| GlobalLogic
It was wonderful experience to attend the Ethical Hacking training session. The way Surya had provided the session is superb. Being an IT person I feel that we should have good knowledge of
Sekhar Babu Tatavarti, PMP
Engineering Services | HSBC Technology
On behalf of HSBC Training team, I would like to thank you, your organization and the Trainer, Amrita, for the excellent training that is provided to our Campus Trainee Software Engineers in Java technology.
Really appreciate your efforts behind making this training a big success , especially considering the diverse levels of participant expertise on the subject.The participants have provided great feedback around the
Learning Lead | terprise Services Delivery| ANZ
Let me start by thanking you for organizing the Excel Session at such a short notice. Over and above that, your session was better received by the audience as compared to other vendors
Director – Information and Communication Technology | Bioclinica Safety and Regulatory Solutions
Thanks for conducting the ITIL session for our team and it has received excellent rating. The entire team has given thumbs
Imroze Alam PRINCE2®
L&D Regional Delivery Specialist | GFHR GO New Delhi
All requests shared with RPS team were duly accepted and delivered on the requested dates without any fails, Venkatesh always made sure that the required training gadgetry is reached at venue well in advance and with a pool of
The Symantec Certification Program provides rigorous, objective assessments of Symantec technical expertise through securely proctored, computer-based, multiple-choice exams (based on real-world job tasks). The program validates the skills and technical competencies necessary for Symantec professionals to efficiently implement, administer, and maintain their data protection, high availability, and security environments utilizing Symantec solutions. Successful completion of the programs’ current requirements will result in the achievement and reward of either a Symantec Certified Specialist (SCS) or Symantec Certified Professional (SCP) certificate.
Symantec certified candidates and their companies have the ability to gain industry recognition, competitive differentiation, greater productivity & results, increased user community satisfaction, and a tangible measure of their education investment. Did you know that 76% of candidates and recruiters verified that Symantec Certification was discussed as part of the hiring process? Certification can open the door to increased visibility, better opportunities and new jobs in your industry. In today’s highly competitive environment, certification differentiates you as a professional who is serious about applied learning, making you an asset to a prospective employer. Read about the benefits of Certification for an Individual and Employer.
Our live online classes are conducted in the same manner as our classroom classes, using the same manuals and lab equipment. Just as in our classroom classes, each online student is assigned a set of remote lab equipment including an ESXi host and various pre-configured Virtual machines, as the specific class they are attending requires. The students connect to the lab environment using Microsoft’s Remote Display Protocol (RDP) in order to perform the lab exercises. The vast majority of our online students find the class experience equivalent to or better than a classroom delivered class.
All our trainers are Symantec Certified Instructors. Our representative will share trainer profile once you start talking to our team.
We accept all modes of payment. If you are being nominated by your organization, your organization need to release PO before the course start date. If you are an individual you can pay through credit / debit cards, online transfer (RTGS/NEFT) to our account 7 days prior to the course start date.
Yes, we do offer weekend classes for professionals in group or 1-to-1 Training depending upon the technology.
The administrative and sales staff works on weekdays (Monday - Friday). System Admins and Operation team are available on all days.
Yes, after you have paid the booking amount (which will be non–refundable in this case). Booking amount depends on the technology selected.
Training timings are from 9 am to 5 pm.
You can send the deposit by any of the following methods:-
Overseas credit card payments through PayPal involve a mark-up of up to 4% as surcharge.
We can provide customized 1-to-1 training for a technology as per your requirement.
Most exams can be booked once you are on the course (e.g. Microsoft, ITIL, VEEAM, EC-Council). Red Hat and some other exams have to be booked in advance.
Our training centers are available in Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Pune and Delhi.
We do not have facility to pay in installments
If the course fee has been paid for and RPS cancels the Course, a refund will be provided, else the courses are non-refundable.
We do not provide loan facility.