Instructor Led Training(ILT)
Instructor-led trainings (ILT) have been around since the beginning of the training function and is considered one of the most popular mediums of training. Instructor Led Training is an effective means of delivering information, as it allows for real-time feedback, questions and answers, manipulation and changeable delivery to suit the needs of learners in a real-time environment, and a learning environment can be created by the instruction’s style.
Advantages of ILTs to the Learner
ILTs offer many powerful advantages and unique benefits to learners including the following:
- Face-to-face interactions with the instructor and real-time discussions are powerful ways to learn. Having an expert answer questions instantly and validate learners’ understanding of the subject are key aspects of ILTs.
- Receiving real-time feedback in the classroom also facilitates and reinforces learning.
- The instructor can adapt how he or she teaches based on the learners’ levels of understanding. Even the slowest of learners can be accommodated by an experienced instructor.
- Classroom training allows individual attention from the instructor; an individualized approach cannot be duplicated in online training.
- ILTs provide the opportunity for learners to make mistakes in a controlled environment.
- ILTs provide the all-important “human touch,” which is often missing in eLearning, unless it is synchronous eLearning.
- Group interactions enhance learning, with employees learning from one another as well as from the instructor. There is also a kind of learning that results through synergy, which is not possible through eLearning.
- ILTs help in learning kinesthetic skills – skills that need learning by doing. Imagine learning swimming or handling a piece of machinery through simulations alone!
- Motivation levels are likely to be higher, with less dropout rates. Many people also learn better in a face-to-face instruction session.