ITIL® 2011 Foundation
ITIL is the most widely accepted approach to IT service management in the world. ITIL can help individuals and organizations use IT to realize business change, transformation and growth. In this exciting and dynamic course, you will get an introduction to the lifecycle of managing IT services to deliver to business expectations. Using an engaging case study, you'll learn the core disciplines of ITIL best practices. Upon completing this course, you'll be well positioned to successfully complete the associated ITIL exam required for entry into the future ITIL intermediate-level training courses.
ITIL covers five core disciplines:
Continual Service Improvement
The swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited
- Skills Gained
- Who can Benefit?
Candidates can expect to gain knowledge and understanding in the following upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this certification.
- Service management as a practice (comprehension)
- The ITIL service lifecycle (comprehension)
- Generic concepts and definitions (awareness)
- Key principles and models (comprehension)
- Selected processes (awareness)
- Selected functions (awareness)
- Selected roles (awareness)
- Technology and architecture (awareness)
- Competence and training (awareness)
This certification is primarily aimed at:
- Those who require a basic understanding of the ITIL framework
- Those who need understanding of how ITIL can be used to enhance IT service management within an organization
- IT professionals or others working within an organization that has adopted and adapted ITIL and who need to be informed about, or contribute to, ongoing service improvement.
- Identify the principles and concepts of IT Service Management based on ITIL.
- Identify the best practices of implementing ITIL in an organization.
- Define the terminology used in ITIL
- Identify the concepts and definitions
- Define Service Strategy concepts
- Define Service Operations concepts
- Define Service Transition concepts
- Define Continual Service Improvement concepts
- Define the roles, processes, and components within key areas of IT Service Management based on ITIL
- Prepare the studnet to take the ITIL Foundation Certification Exam.