Cloudera University’s four-day administrator course provides the technical background you need to manage and scale a Hadoop cluster in a development or production environment. This is the core administrator learning path curriculum. Take your knowledge to the next level with Cloudera’s Apache Hadoop Training and Certification Cloudera University’s four-day administrator training course for Apache Hadoop provides participants with a comprehensive understanding of all the steps necessary to operate and maintain a Hadoop cluster using Cloudera Manager. From installation and configuration through load balancing and tuning, Cloudera’s training course is the best preparation for the real-world challenges faced by Hadoop administrators.
Through instructor-led discussion and interactive, hands-on exercises, participants will navigate the Hadoop ecosystem, learning topics such as:
This course is best suited to systems administrators and IT managers who have basic Linux experience.
Prior knowledge of Apache Hadoop is not required.
The Case for Apache Hadoop
• Why Hadoop?
• Fundamental Concepts
• Core Hadoop Components
Hadoop Cluster Installation
• Rationale for a Cluster Management Solution
• Cloudera Manager Features
• Cloudera Manager Installation
• Hadoop (CDH) Installation
The Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS)
• HDFS Features
• Writing and Reading Files
• NameNode Memory Considerations
• Overview of HDFS Security
• Web UIs for HDFS
• Using the Hadoop File Shell
MapReduce and Spark on YARN
• The Role of Computational Frameworks
• YARN: The Cluster Resource Manager
• MapReduce Concepts
• Apache Spark Concepts
• Running Computational Frameworks on YARN
• Exploring YARN Applications Through the
Web UIs, and the Shell
• YARN Application Logs
Hadoop Configuration and Daemon Logs
• Cloudera Manager Constructs for Managing Configurations
• Locating Configurations and Applying
• Managing Role Instances and Adding Services
• Configuring the HDFS Service
• Configuring Hadoop Daemon Logs
• Configuring the YARN Service
Getting Data Into HDFS
• Ingesting Data From External Sources With Flume
• Ingesting Data From Relational Databases With Sqoop
• REST Interfaces
• Best Practices for Importing Data
Planning Your Hadoop Cluster
• General Planning Considerations
• Choosing the Right Hardware
• Virtualization Options*
• Network Considerations
• Configuring Nodes
Installing and Configuring Hive, Impala, and Pig
Hadoop Clients Including Hue
• What Are Hadoop Clients?
• Installing and Configuring Hadoop Clients
• Installing and Configuring Hue
• Hue Authentication and Authorization
Advanced Cluster Configuration
• Advanced Configuration Parameters
• Configuring Hadoop Ports
• Configuring HDFS for Rack Awareness
• Configuring HDFS High Availability
• Why Hadoop Security Is Important
• Hadoop’s Security System Concepts
• What Kerberos Is and how it Works
• Securing a Hadoop Cluster With Kerberos
• Other Security Concepts
• Configuring cgroups with Static Service Pools
• The Fair Scheduler
• Configuring Dynamic Resource Pools
• YARN Memory and CPU Settings
• Impala Query Scheduling
• Checking HDFS Status
• Copying Data Between Clusters
• Adding and Removing Cluster Nodes
• Rebalancing the Cluster
• Directory Snapshots
• Cluster Upgrading
Cluster Monitoring and Troubleshooting
• Cloudera Manager Monitoring Features
• Monitoring Hadoop Clusters
• Troubleshooting Hadoop Clusters
• Common Misconfigurations
Engineer - IT Infrastructure| GlobalLogic
It was wonderful experience to attend the Ethical Hacking training session. The way Surya had provided the session is superb. Being an IT person I feel that we should have good knowledge of
Sekhar Babu Tatavarti, PMP
Engineering Services | HSBC Technology
On behalf of HSBC Training team, I would like to thank you, your organization and the Trainer, Amrita, for the excellent training that is provided to our Campus Trainee Software Engineers in Java technology.
Really appreciate your efforts behind making this training a big success , especially considering the diverse levels of participant expertise on the subject.The participants have provided great feedback around the
Learning Lead | terprise Services Delivery| ANZ
Let me start by thanking you for organizing the Excel Session at such a short notice. Over and above that, your session was better received by the audience as compared to other vendors
Director – Information and Communication Technology | Bioclinica Safety and Regulatory Solutions
Thanks for conducting the ITIL session for our team and it has received excellent rating. The entire team has given thumbs
Imroze Alam PRINCE2®
L&D Regional Delivery Specialist | GFHR GO New Delhi
All requests shared with RPS team were duly accepted and delivered on the requested dates without any fails, Venkatesh always made sure that the required training gadgetry is reached at venue well in advance and with a pool of
Yes, we do offer weekend classes for professionals in group or 1-to-1 Training depending upon the technology.
The administrative and sales staff works on weekdays (Monday - Friday). System Admins and Operation team are available on all days.
Yes, after you have paid the booking amount (which will be non–refundable in this case). Booking amount depends on the technology selected.
Training timings are from 9 am to 5 pm.
You can send the deposit by any of the following methods:-
Overseas credit card payments through PayPal involve a mark-up of up to 4% as surcharge.
We can provide customized 1-to-1 training for a technology as per your requirement.
Most exams can be booked once you are on the course (e.g. Microsoft, ITIL, VEEAM, EC-Council). Red Hat and some other exams have to be booked in advance.
Our training centers are available in Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Pune and Delhi.
We do not have facility to pay in installments
If the course fee has been paid for and RPS cancels the Course, a refund will be provided, else the courses are non-refundable.
We do not provide loan facility.