Analyzing Data with Power BI (DA-100) training & course will discuss the various methods and best practices that are in line with business and technical requirements for modeling, visualizing, and analyzing data with Power BI.The course will also show how to access and process data from a range of data sources including both relational and non-relational data. This course will also explore how to implement proper security standards and policies across the Power BI spectrum including datasets and groups. The course will also discuss how to manage and deploy reports and dashboards for sharing and content distribution. Finally, this course will show how to build paginated reports within the Power BI service and publish them to a workspace for inclusion within Power BI.
The audience for this course are data professionals and business intelligence professionals who want to learn how to accurately perform data analysis using Power BI. This course is also targeted toward those individuals who develop reports that visualize data from the data platform technologies that exist on both in the cloud and on-premises.
In addition to their professional experience, students who take this training should have technical knowledge equivalent to the information found in the Azure Fundamentals course.
This module explores the different roles in the data space, outlines the important roles and responsibilities of a Data Analysts, and then explores the landscape of the Power BI portfolio.
· Data Analytics and Microsoft
· Getting Started with Power BI
· Getting Started
After completing this module, you will be able to:
· Explore the different roles in data
· Identify the tasks that are performed by a data analyst
· Describe the Power BI landscape of products and services
· Use the Power BI service
This module explores identifying and retrieving data from various data sources. You will also learn the options for connectivity and data storage, and understand the difference and performance implications of connecting directly to data vs. importing it.
· Get data from various data sources
· Optimize performance
· Resolve data errors
· Prepare Data
· Identify and retrieve data from different data sources
· Understand the connection methods and their performance implications
· Optimize query performance
· Resolve data import errors
This module teaches you the process of profiling and understanding the condition of the data. They will learn how to identify anomalies, look at the size and shape of their data, and perform the proper data cleaning and transforming steps to prepare the data for loading into the model.
· Data shaping
· Enhance the data structure
· Data Profiling
· Loading Data
After completing this module, students will be able to:
· Apply data shape transformations
· Enhance the structure of the data
· Profile and examine the data
This module teaches the fundamental concepts of designing and developing a data model for proper performance and scalability. This module will also help you understand and tackle many of the common data modeling issues, including relationships, security, and performance.
· Introduction to data modeling
· Working with tables
· Dimensions and Hierarchies
· Create Model Relationships
· Configure Tables
· Review the model interface
· Create Quick Measures
· Configure many-to-many relationships
· Enforce row-level security
· Understand the basics of data modeling
· Define relationships and their cardinality
· Implement Dimensions and Hierarchies
· Create histograms and rankings
This module introduces you to the world of DAX and its true power for enhancing a model. You will learn about aggregations and the concepts of Measures, calculated columns and tables, and Time Intelligence functions to solve calculation and data analysis problems.
· Introduction to DAX
· DAX context
· Advanced DAX
· Create calculated tables
· Create calculated columns
· Create measures
· Use the CALCULATE() function to manipulate filter context
· use Time Intelligence functions
· Understand DAX
· Use DAX for simple formulas and expressions
· Create calculated tables and measures
· Build simple measures
· Work with Time Intelligence and Key Performance Indicators
In this module you are introduced to steps, processes, concepts, and data modeling best practices necessary to optimize a data model for enterprise-level performance.
· Optimze the model for performance
· Optimize DirectQuery Models
· Create and manage Aggregations
· Understand the importance of variables
· Enhance the data model
· Optimize the storage model
· Implement aggregations
This module introduces you to the fundamental concepts and principles of designing and building a report, including selecting the correct visuals, designing a page layout, and applying basic but critical functionality. The important topic of designing for accessibility is also covered.
· Design a report
· Enhance the report
· Create a live connection in Power BI Desktop
· Configure visual fields adn format properties
· Create and configure Sync Slicers
· Create a drillthrough page
· Apply conditional formatting
· Create and use Bookmarks
· Design a report page layout
· Select and add effective visualizations
· Add basic report functionality
· Add report navigation and interactions
· Improve report performance
· Design for accessibility
In this module you will learn how to tell a compelling story through the use of dashboards and the different navigation tools available to provide navigation. You will be introduced to features and functionality and how to enhance dashboards for usability and insights.
· Create a Dashboard
· Real-time Dashboards
· Enhance a Dashboard
· Pin visuals to a Dashboard
· Configure a Dashboard tile alert
· Use Q&A to create a dashboard tile
· Understand real-time Dashboards
· Enhance Dashboard usability
This module will teach you about paginated reports, including what they are how they fit into Power BI. You will then learn how to build and publish a report.
· Paginated report overview
· Create Paginated reports
· Use Power BI Report Builder
· Design a multi-page report layout
· Define a data source
· Define a dataset
· Create a report parameter
· Export a report to PDF
· Explain paginated reports
· Create a paginated report
· Create and configure a data source and dataset
· Work with charts and tables
· Publish a report
This module helps you apply additional features to enhance the report for analytical insights in the data, equipping you with the steps to use the report for actual data analysis. You will also perform advanced analytics using AI visuals on the report for even deeper and meaningful data insights.
· Advanced Analytics
· Data Insights through AI visuals
· Create animated scatter charts
· Use teh visual to forecast values
· Work with Decomposition Tree visual
· Work with the Key Influencers visual
· Explore statistical summary
· Use the Analyze feature
· Identify outliers in data
· Conduct time-series analysis
· Use the AI visuals
· Use the Advanced Analytics custom visual
This module will introduce you to Workspaces, including how to create and manage them. You will also learn how to share content, including reports and dashboards, and then learn how to distribute an App.
· Creating Workspaces
· Sharing and Managing Assets
· Map security principals to dataset roles
· Share a dashboard
· Publish an App
· Create and manage a workspace
· Understand workspace collaboration
· Monitor workspace usage and performance
· Distribute an App
In this module you will learn the concepts of managing Power BI assets, including datasets and workspaces. You will also publish datasets to the Power BI service, then refresh and secure them.
· Create and work with parameters
· Manage datasets
· Configure dataset refresh
· Troubleshoot gateway connectivity
This module teaches you the steps for implementing and configuring security in Power BI to secure Power BI assets.
· Security in Power BI
· Understand the aspects of Power BI security
· Configure row-level security roles and group memberships
Engineer - IT Infrastructure| GlobalLogic
It was wonderful experience to attend the Ethical Hacking training session. The way Surya had provided the session is superb. Being an IT person I feel that we should have good knowledge of
Sekhar Babu Tatavarti, PMP
Engineering Services | HSBC Technology
On behalf of HSBC Training team, I would like to thank you, your organization and the Trainer, Amrita, for the excellent training that is provided to our Campus Trainee Software Engineers in Java technology.
Really appreciate your efforts behind making this training a big success , especially considering the diverse levels of participant expertise on the subject.The participants have provided great feedback around the
Learning Lead | terprise Services Delivery| ANZ
Let me start by thanking you for organizing the Excel Session at such a short notice. Over and above that, your session was better received by the audience as compared to other vendors
Director – Information and Communication Technology | Bioclinica Safety and Regulatory Solutions
Thanks for conducting the ITIL session for our team and it has received excellent rating. The entire team has given thumbs
Imroze Alam PRINCE2®
L&D Regional Delivery Specialist | GFHR GO New Delhi
All requests shared with RPS team were duly accepted and delivered on the requested dates without any fails, Venkatesh always made sure that the required training gadgetry is reached at venue well in advance and with a pool of
Yes, we do offer weekend classes for professionals in group or 1-to-1 Training depending upon the technology.
The administrative and sales staff works on weekdays (Monday - Friday). System Admins and Operation team are available on all days.
Yes, after you have paid the booking amount (which will be non–refundable in this case). Booking amount depends on the technology selected.
Training timings are from 9 am to 5 pm.
You can send the deposit by any of the following methods:-
Overseas credit card payments through PayPal involve a mark-up of up to 4% as surcharge.
We can provide customized 1-to-1 training for a technology as per your requirement.
Most exams can be booked once you are on the course (e.g. Microsoft, ITIL, VEEAM, EC-Council). Red Hat and some other exams have to be booked in advance.
Our training centers are available in Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Pune and Delhi.
We do not have facility to pay in installments
If the course fee has been paid for and RPS cancels the Course, a refund will be provided, else the courses are non-refundable.
We do not provide loan facility.