The Participants will also learn how to configure Business Connectivity Services, SharePoint Search Service, User Profile Services, My Sites, Managed Meta Data Services, and Office Services. The participants will also learn how to configure SharePoint Timer Jobs, create & restore backups and disaster recovery.
Attendees should have good experience working as an IT Professional managing Windows 2008/2012 platforms, Active Directory, SQL Server Administration. Any SharePoint knowledge will be advantageous.
Module 1: Getting Started with SharePoint 2010
This module introduces the fundamental architecture of SharePoint 2010. It also highlights the various new enhancements that are part of SharePoint 2010. We will also understand the difference between various SharePoint editions. This module will also introduce students to understand Windows Power shell that will be required at various times for SharePoint Development.
- SharePoint Foundation Architecture
- SharePoint 14 Product
- SharePoint Wheel
- What's new in SharePoint 2010
- Windows Power shell Primer
Module 2: Installing SharePoint 2010
In this module we will understand the various SharePoint 2010 capabilities and architecture. We will do an overview of the possibilities of development and extension.
- Hardware Requirements
- Installing SharePoint Prerequisites
- Creating Service Accounts
- Installing SharePoint Server 2010
- Understanding Farm Types, Configuring Farm
- Configuration Wizard
Module 3: Topology and Farm Configuration
In this module, the participant will be introduced to Farm Topologies, types of Farms, Configuring SharePoint Farm. We will see in detail on how to configure through Central Admin & through Power Shell.
- Understanding Farm Topologies
- Configuring Managed Accounts
- Managing Timer Jobs
- Configuration of Service Applications using Central Admin
- Configuration of Services Applications using Power Shell
Module 4: Configuring Security and User Authentication
This module will help students understand the different concepts of SharePoint 2010 Security mechanism. This will provide insights into Claims authentication vs. Classic authentication.
- Types of Security
- Configuring Windows Authentication
- Configuring Forms Authentication
Module 5: Creating and Configuring Web Applications
During this module, the student will learn on configuring Web Applications in a SharePoint platform. We will also look at managing content databases, configuring list throttling.
- Creating New Web Applications
- Configuring Web Applications
- Content Database
- Understanding Site Collection Templates
- Creating Site Collections
- Configuring Self-service Site Collections
Module 6: Managing Site Collections
This module will illustrate on different SharePoint Templates such as Team Sites, Collaboration & Publishing Site Templates. We will also look at how to manage large site collections.
- Site Templates
- Site Collection Permissions & User Groups
- Site Collection Quota
- Multi-tenancy & Site Subscriptions
Module 7: Business Connectivity Services
This module explains the basic architecture of BCS. We will also see how to configure External Content Types, create External lists. We will also look at using Secure Store Service for configuring BCS Services.
- BCS Architecture
- Configuring External Content Types
- Secure Store Services configuration
Module 8: Configuring User Profile Service
During this module, we will see how to configure User Profile Services, User Profile Synchronization.
- User Profile Services, Synchronization overview
- Creating & Configuring User Profile Service Application
- Configuring User Profile Synchronization
- Creating & Managing My Sites
Module 9: Configuring Search in SharePoint 2010
In this module, we will see how to configure SharePoint 2010 Enterprise Search, configuring Content Sources & using Search Queries.
- SharePoint 2010 Search Architecture
- Creating and Configuring Content Sources
- Understanding Content Processing Pipeline
- Overview of Result Sources, Types and Query Rules
- Configuring Managed Properties and Management
Module 10: Health Monitoring and Optimization
In this module, we will learn how to troubleshoot problems using Developer Dashboard, read ULS logs and logging database effectively.
- Developer Dashboard
- Working with ULS Logs
- Health Analyzer and Usage Reporting
Module 11: Deploying & Monitoring Custom Solutions, Backup, Restore & DR
In this module, we will learn how to deploy custom solutions, sandboxed solutions, configuring Sandboxed Code Service.
- Deploying Custom Solutions, SandBoxed Solutions
- Versioning and Restoring Documents
- Configuring Recycled Bin
- Backup and restore Site Collection using Central Admin
- Backup and restore Site Collection using PowerShell
- Disaster Recovery
Module 12: SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2010 Migration
In this module, we will look at best ways of migrating SharePoint 2007 applications to SharePoint 2010. We will also look at different concepts and mechanisms involved in Visual Upgrade
- Upgrade Overview
- Migrating Content DB
Module 13: Managed Metadata Service
In this module, we will learn on creating taxonomies of managed metadata, tagging items and documents. We will also look at Content Organizer to route documents based on criteria.
- Overview of Managed Metadata Service
- Creating & Managing Term Sets, Terms and Taxonomies
- Working with Document Sets