The Veritas Enterprise Vault 12.x: Implementation and Deployment course provides an overview of how to implement and configure Veritas Enterprise Vault 12.x environment. This course is designed for technical support, sales engineers, partners, and customers tasked with providing implementing and deploying the Enterprise Vault 12.x environment.
This course is meant for Veritas Technical Support personnel, Sales Engineers, Veritas partners who support and implement Enterprise Vault, and Veritas customers implementing and using Enterprise Vault.
Veritas Enterprise Vault: Product Overview
• Describe the business challenges addressed by Enterprise Vault
• Describe the basic concepts behind the Enterprise Vault system
• Describe the Enterprise Vault structure and components
• List the access options for Enterprise Vault
Introduction to Designing an Enterprise Vault Deployment
• Describe how to approach an Enterprise Vault design.
• Describe the main steps to deploy Enterprise Vault and best practices.
• Describe available design tools.
• Describe the main considerations when designing an Enterprise Vault deployment.
• Describe the Enterprise Vault designs for common deployment scenarios.
Preparing the Environment for Installing Enterprise Vault
• Describe the installation prerequisites for the Enterprise Vault server.
• Describe the additional installation prerequisites required for the Exchange archiving.
• Describe the additional installation prerequisites required for the File System Archiving.
• Describe the additional installation prerequisites required for the SharePoint archiving.
• Use the Deployment Scanner to confirm that all the prerequisites are installed correctly.
Installing Enterprise Vault
• Use the Enterprise Vault Install launcher to install Enterprise Vault.
• Complete the post installation tasks.
• Uninstall or reinstall Enterprise Vault.
• Configuring the Enterprise Vault Server
• Run the Enterprise Vault Configuration wizard.
• Configure site settings to meet specific requirements.
• Deploy roles‐based access (RBA) for administration access.
• Configure monitoring and reporting.
Configuring Indexing and Storage
• Configure Enterprise Vault Indexes.
• Configure Enterprise Vault archive retention.
• Discuss storage architecture and perform the initial storage configuration.
Configuring Exchange Mailbox Archiving
• Configure Exchange mailbox targets.
• Define mailbox policies and configure provisioning.
• Enable mailboxes and perform archiving for user mailboxes using the Mailbox Archiving Task.
Configuring Exchange Clients
• Configure the Enterprise Vault client Add‐In for Outlook 2010.
• Configure access to the archives using Outlook Web Access 2007 and 2010.
• Configure Mail App and access to the archives using
Outlook Web Access 2013.
• Enable and configure Vault Cache and Virtual Vault.
Configuring Exchange Journal Archiving
• Describe the basics of Journaling in Microsoft Exchange.
• Provide an overview of Enterprise Vault Exchange Journal archiving.
• Configure archiving from Exchange Journal Mailbox.
• List the considerations for Journal Archiving.
Configuring File System Archiving (FSA)
• Provide an overview of File System Archiving.
• Configure FSA targets.
• Process items.
Configuring SharePoint Archiving
• Provide an overview of SharePoint archiving.
• Configure SharePoint archiving.
Troubleshooting the Implementation
• List the common implementation issues.
• List the various resources available for troubleshooting.
• Use common troubleshooting tools.
• Review Enterprise Vault client logs.
Validating the environment
• Test archiving and access.
• Define the components to backup and other considerations.
• Review the implementation steps and checklists.Appendix: Optional lessons (no labs)
Installing Enterprise Vault Compliance Accelerator (CA)
• Understand the basic compliance concepts.
• Describe the architectural components of Compliance Accelerator and workflow.
• Describe the prerequisites for installing Compliance Accelerator.
• Installation and initial configuration of Compliance Accelerator server and client.
Installing Enterprise Vault Discovery Accelerator (DA) Understand the basic discovery concepts.
• Describe the architectural components of Discovery Accelerator and workflow.
• Describe the prerequisites for installing Discovery Accelerator.
• Installation and initial configuration of Discovery Accelerator server and client.
Engineer - IT Infrastructure| GlobalLogic
It was wonderful experience to attend the Ethical Hacking training session. The way Surya had provided the session is superb. Being an IT person I feel that we should have good knowledge of
Sekhar Babu Tatavarti, PMP
Engineering Services | HSBC Technology
On behalf of HSBC Training team, I would like to thank you, your organization and the Trainer, Amrita, for the excellent training that is provided to our Campus Trainee Software Engineers in Java technology.
Really appreciate your efforts behind making this training a big success , especially considering the diverse levels of participant expertise on the subject.The participants have provided great feedback around the
Learning Lead | terprise Services Delivery| ANZ
Let me start by thanking you for organizing the Excel Session at such a short notice. Over and above that, your session was better received by the audience as compared to other vendors
Director – Information and Communication Technology | Bioclinica Safety and Regulatory Solutions
Thanks for conducting the ITIL session for our team and it has received excellent rating. The entire team has given thumbs
Imroze Alam PRINCE2®
L&D Regional Delivery Specialist | GFHR GO New Delhi
All requests shared with RPS team were duly accepted and delivered on the requested dates without any fails, Venkatesh always made sure that the required training gadgetry is reached at venue well in advance and with a pool of
Veritas certified candidates and their companies have the ability to gain industry recognition, competitive differentiation, greater productivity & results, increased user community satisfaction, and a tangible measure of their education investment. Learn more about certification benefits.
Veritas Certified Specialist certifications have no expiration date. When certification verification is required, Veritas will identify the product version, thus distinguishing between those who have upgraded certifications and those who haven’t. Veritas highly recommends recertification to remain current with Veritas technology and trends.
Our live online classes are conducted in the same manner as our classroom classes, using the same manuals and lab equipment. Just as in our classroom classes, each online student is assigned a set of remote lab equipment including an ESXi host and various pre-configured Virtual machines, as the specific class they are attending requires. The students connect to the lab environment using Microsoft’s Remote Display Protocol (RDP) in order to perform the lab exercises. The vast majority of our online students find the class experience equivalent to or better than a classroom delivered class.
Class begins at 9:30 am and ends at 5:30 pm(IST).
All our trainers are Veritas Certified Instructors. Our representative will share trainer profile once you start talking to our team.
We accept all modes of payment. If you are being nominated by your organization, your organization need to release PO before the course start date. If you are an individual you can pay through credit / debit cards, online transfer (RTGS/NEFT) to our account 7 days prior to the course start date.
Yes, we do offer weekend classes for professionals in group or 1-to-1 Training depending upon the technology.
The administrative and sales staff works on weekdays (Monday - Friday). System Admins and Operation team are available on all days.
Yes, after you have paid the booking amount (which will be non–refundable in this case). Booking amount depends on the technology selected.
Training timings are from 9 am to 5 pm.
You can send the deposit by any of the following methods:-
Overseas credit card payments through PayPal involve a mark-up of up to 4% as surcharge.
We can provide customized 1-to-1 training for a technology as per your requirement.
Most exams can be booked once you are on the course (e.g. Microsoft, ITIL, VEEAM, EC-Council). Red Hat and some other exams have to be booked in advance.
Our training centers are available in Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Pune and Delhi.
We do not have facility to pay in installments
If the course fee has been paid for and RPS cancels the Course, a refund will be provided, else the courses are non-refundable.
We do not provide loan facility.