The NetBackup 8.0: Maintenance and Troubleshooting course provides the IT professional with instruction on troubleshooting Veritas NetBackup software. This course covers general error detection tools and troubleshooting methodologies. Students practice solving problems related to the NetBackup database, devices, media, disk, deduplication, and networking. In addition, students study the functions of key NetBackup processes and how to enable, view, and manage the associated logs.
Troubleshooting Methods and Tools
• Troubleshooting situations and methodology
• Gathering symptoms and information
• Additional troubleshooting resources
NetBackup Process Flow
• Core process functions overview
• Backup process flow
• Tape restore process flow
• Disk restore process flow
• Viewing process flow information
Troubleshooting Communication Issues
• Understanding NetBackup communication
• Configuring NetBackup and network communication
• Troubleshooting network and NetBackup communication
• Common NetBackup communication issues
Troubleshooting Tape Devices and Media
• NetBackup device troubleshooting
• Common NetBackup device issues
• Media and device selection
• Media-related status codes
• Troubleshooting frozen and suspended media
Troubleshooting Disk Backups Resources
• Overview of disk-based backups
• Maintaining and Troubleshooting Basic Disk
• Maintaining and Troubleshooting Advanced Disk
• Maintaining and Troubleshooting OpenStorage
Troubleshooting NetBackup Deduplication
• Understanding NetBackup deduplication and
deduplication process flow
• Maintaining and troubleshooting NetBackup
• Protecting from MSDP server failure
Additional Backup and Restore Troubleshooting
• Troubleshooting file system backups
• Troubleshooting snapshot-based backups
• Troubleshooting VMware backups
• Troubleshooting Hyper-V backups
• Troubleshooting restores
Troubleshooting Storage Lifecycle Policies
• Understanding Storage Lifecycle Policies
• Troubleshooting Storage Lifecycle Policies
• Troubleshooting data classification
• Understanding Auto Image Replication
• Troubleshooting Auto Image Replication
• Preparing to gather debug logs
• Enabling debug logs
• Performing log management
• Capturing debug logs
Introduction to Log Analysis
• Preparing for debug log analysis
• Viewing debug logs
• Analyzing debug logs for a successful backup job
• Analyzing debug logs for a failed backup job
Understanding the NetBackup Catalog
• The NetBackup catalog
• The NetBackup relational databases (NBDB)
• Catalog backup and recovery
• Maintaining the NBDB
Engineer - IT Infrastructure| GlobalLogic
It was wonderful experience to attend the Ethical Hacking training session. The way Surya had provided the session is superb. Being an IT person I feel that we should have good knowledge of
Sekhar Babu Tatavarti, PMP
Engineering Services | HSBC Technology
On behalf of HSBC Training team, I would like to thank you, your organization and the Trainer, Amrita, for the excellent training that is provided to our Campus Trainee Software Engineers in Java technology.
Really appreciate your efforts behind making this training a big success , especially considering the diverse levels of participant expertise on the subject.The participants have provided great feedback around the
Learning Lead | terprise Services Delivery| ANZ
Let me start by thanking you for organizing the Excel Session at such a short notice. Over and above that, your session was better received by the audience as compared to other vendors
Director – Information and Communication Technology | Bioclinica Safety and Regulatory Solutions
Thanks for conducting the ITIL session for our team and it has received excellent rating. The entire team has given thumbs
Imroze Alam PRINCE2®
L&D Regional Delivery Specialist | GFHR GO New Delhi
All requests shared with RPS team were duly accepted and delivered on the requested dates without any fails, Venkatesh always made sure that the required training gadgetry is reached at venue well in advance and with a pool of
Veritas certified candidates and their companies have the ability to gain industry recognition, competitive differentiation, greater productivity & results, increased user community satisfaction, and a tangible measure of their education investment. Learn more about certification benefits.
Veritas Certified Specialist certifications have no expiration date. When certification verification is required, Veritas will identify the product version, thus distinguishing between those who have upgraded certifications and those who haven’t. Veritas highly recommends recertification to remain current with Veritas technology and trends.
Our live online classes are conducted in the same manner as our classroom classes, using the same manuals and lab equipment. Just as in our classroom classes, each online student is assigned a set of remote lab equipment including an ESXi host and various pre-configured Virtual machines, as the specific class they are attending requires. The students connect to the lab environment using Microsoft’s Remote Display Protocol (RDP) in order to perform the lab exercises. The vast majority of our online students find the class experience equivalent to or better than a classroom delivered class.
Class begins at 9:30 am and ends at 5:30 pm(IST).
All our trainers are Veritas Certified Instructors. Our representative will share trainer profile once you start talking to our team.
We accept all modes of payment. If you are being nominated by your organization, your organization need to release PO before the course start date. If you are an individual you can pay through credit / debit cards, online transfer (RTGS/NEFT) to our account 7 days prior to the course start date.
Yes, we do offer weekend classes for professionals in group or 1-to-1 Training depending upon the technology.
The administrative and sales staff works on weekdays (Monday - Friday). System Admins and Operation team are available on all days.
Yes, after you have paid the booking amount (which will be non–refundable in this case). Booking amount depends on the technology selected.
Training timings are from 9 am to 5 pm.
You can send the deposit by any of the following methods:-
Overseas credit card payments through PayPal involve a mark-up of up to 4% as surcharge.
We can provide customized 1-to-1 training for a technology as per your requirement.
Most exams can be booked once you are on the course (e.g. Microsoft, ITIL, VEEAM, EC-Council). Red Hat and some other exams have to be booked in advance.
Our training centers are available in Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Pune and Delhi.
We do not have facility to pay in installments
If the course fee has been paid for and RPS cancels the Course, a refund will be provided, else the courses are non-refundable.
We do not provide loan facility.