NetScaler for Apps and Desktops (CNS 222)
Designed for students with little or no previous NetScaler, NetScaler Gateway or Unified Gateway experience, this course is best suited for individuals who will be deploying or managing NetScaler, NetScaler Gateway, or Unified Gateway environments.
The course has been completely redeveloped and improves upon CNS-207: Implementing Citrix NetScaler 11 for App and Desktop Solutions via the following:
Improved course structure and flow to focus on NetScaler essentials for the first three days, and NetScaler Gateway and Unified Gateway features for the remaining two.
A new lab environment redesigned and built for enhanced performance.
Incorporated course feedback that has been gathered over the last year.
New content introduced throughout the course.
- Who can benefit
- Key Topics
This course is recommended for learners who are:
- New to the NetScaler platform
- Interested in integrating NetScaler Gateway with Citrix XenDesktop or Citrix XenApp
Before taking this course, Citrix recommends that learners have the following:
- Familiarity with application delivery and cloud networking
- Experience with Citrix desktop virtualization technologies, such as XenDesktop and XenApp
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server or enterprise database servers
- Experience with Active Directory and Group Policy
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- Basic understanding of Windows Server networking concepts, such as DNS, IIS®, and load balancing
- Exposure to basic system administration concepts, including logging, software upgrade procedures, and high availability operations
- Familiarity with server monitoring tools
- Basic understanding of VPN concepts, including SSL encryption and certificates
Upon successful completion of this course, learners are able to:
- Identify the capabilities and functionality of the NetScaler
- Explain basic NetScaler network architecture
- Obtain, install, and manage NetScaler licenses
- Identify the capabilities and functionality of NetScaler Gateway
- Explain how SSL is used to secure the NetScaler
- Configure authentication for users on the NetScaler Gateway
- Implement authorization to determine to which resources users have access
- Configure the NetScaler for high availability
- Integrate NetScaler Gateway with Storefront or Web Interface to provide remote access for Web, SaaS and mobile apps.
- Implement load balancing and GSLB on the NetScaler system
- Customize the NetScaler system for traffic flow and content-specific requirements
- Configure endpoint analysis to determine the level of access for specific devices
- Enable access to applications and data for user connections
- Demonstrate monitoring and reporting through native NetScaler logging tools
- Configure NetScaler Insight Center to monitor a desktop virtualization environment
- Employ recommended tools and techniques to troubleshoot common NetScaler network and connectivity issues
- Identify the unique capabilities and functionality of the NetScaler SDX platform.
- Identify the networking characteristics of the NetScaler SDX platform.
- Explain the process of provisioning and administration of NetScaler VPX instances on a NetScaler SDX appliance.
- Getting Started
- Basic Networking
- High Availability
- Basic Load Balancing
- Securing NetScaler
- AppExpert Classic Policy Engine
- Authentication and Authorization
- Access Policies
- End-User Access and Experience
- Integrating NetScaler Gateway with XenApp and XenDesktop
- AppExpert Default Policy Engine
- Global Server Load Balancing
- Monitoring and Management
- NetScaler SDX Addendum