Citrix App Layering and WEM Administration - (CWS-314)
This course id designed for skilled IT professionals, students will learn to build and combine App Layers to optimize management of app and desktop images and to implement Workspace Environment Management to advance log-on times, centralize user settings management, and optimize the performance of machines.
You will leave this course with a good knowledge of a way to manage more complex solutions and features in your Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop 7 site.
- Course Objective
- Who Can Benefit
By end of this course, you'll be able to know
- How to configure Workspace Environment Management to improve the end user environment and virtual resource consumption.
- App Layering skills to create and administer OS, platform, application, elastic and user layers
- How to migrate to Workspace Environment Management
- This course is built for experienced IT Professionals well-known with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 in an on-premises environment or Citrix Cloud considered to expand their Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops skills to an advanced level.
- Candidates include administrators or engineers responsible for Citrix Apps and Desktop 7 Site.
- Strong foundational expertise of Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7.
- Citrix also recommends candidates prepare for this course by taking the following course: CWS-215-Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 Administration On-Premises and in Citrix Cloud.
Module 1 Introduction to App Layering
- App Layering Introduction
- Architecture and How it Works
Module 2 The OS Layer
Module 3 The Platform Layer
- Creating a Platform Layer
Module 4 The App Layers
Module 5 Creating Elastic App and User Layers
- Elastic App Layering
- User Layers
Module 6 Deploying a Layered Image using Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops
- Using Templates in App Layering
- Using Layered Images in a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Site
Module 7 Exploring Layer Priority
Module 8 Maintaining an App Layering Environment
- Updating Layers
- Maintaining and Updating the App Layering Environment
- Common App Layering Considerations and Additional Resources
Module 9 Introduction to Workspace Environment Management (WEM)
- Workspace Environment Management (WEM) Introduction
- WEM Administration
Module 10 Using WEM to Centralize Environment Management
- Managing User Resources with WEM
- Managing Profiles with WEM
- Managing Endpoints with the WEM Transformer Feature
Module 11 Using WEM for Performance Optimization
- Optimizing Machine Performance with WEM
- Optimizing User Experience with WEM
Module 12 Using WEM to Secure Environments
Module 13 Migrating and Upgrading WEM
- Migrating to WEM
- Upgrading a WEM Deployment
- WEM Multi-Location Considerations