Home Blog 5 Reasons Why Your Company Should Invest in Microsoft Certification

5 Reasons Why Your Company Should Invest in Microsoft Certification

  • By rpsadmin
  • 14-Nov-2019

Running a successful business isn’t just about hiring the best people for your team. It’s also about investing in your team so that they stay at the top of their game. It might seem counterintuitive to spend money on training but in the long run, it might be the cheaper option.

Think about it, to hire a new employee who has the skill sets you need you’ll have to spend money on recruitment, company orientation, and training, etc. Saving money isn’t the only reason you should consider getting your team trained and certified. Here are a few others.

  • Stay Ahead of the Technology Curve

As technology evolves, companies need to stay abreast of the changes. This is especially important for companies in the tech space. Today, it’s all about the cloud. Tech companies no longer have their own servers to store data, everything is done of the cloud. 70% of all CIOs have a ‘cloud-first IT strategy’.

By 2021, analysts believe that 38% of all IT positions will be cloud-related. However, only 16% of all organizations have a team skilled in this environment. If your company is part of the remaining 84%, it’s time you look at Microsoft Certification for your team. If not, you’ll be left behind.

Cloud Opportunity

  • Role-Based Training

Technology can be used in many different ways to meet different outcomes. For example, a cloud platform like Azure can be used for storage, hybrid integration, computing, machine learning, etc.  Thus, Microsoft evolved its training programs such as the Azure Certification, Microsoft Dynamic 365  to be role-based.

This allows training modules to focus on the concepts and skills required for specific jobs instead of just the technology. The hands-on training teaches professionals how to use this tool in their role and be more efficient at what they do.

Microsoft Role Based Training

  • Reduce Employee Turnover

Employees don’t stay with a company only because of their paycheck. The work atmosphere also plays an important role. When a company invests in its employees, the employees feel valued. These employees also have a better chance of being promoted within the organization. They are thus more likely to stick with the company instead of looking for positions elsewhere.

Certifications also help companies identify talent within their teams. The Microsoft Azure Certification simplifies the screening process and identifies people suitable for specialty roles.

A reduced employee turnover rate not only saves you money on recruitment, but it also lets workflow smoothly. For example, when you hire a new member and place him/her in a team, that person will take a certain amount of time to understand how things work and to get comfortable working with the rest of the time. This can affect your timelines. However, if you have a stable team, this will not be something you need to worry about.

  • Boost Productivity

As technology evolves, it gives companies the tools to make processes simpler and faster. However, these tools are helpful only if you have a team that knows how to use them. Certified teams can be 20% more productive than non-certified teams.

According to a survey taken in 2017, as the percentage of certified members of a team increases, so does the impact of the overall team. And this is not just because of the tools they can now use. As mentioned above, when companies invest in the future of their employees, the employees feel valued. They are thus happier and more driven to do their best for the company.

Benefits of Certified Team

  • Build Brand Value

A company is only as good as its employees. When employees get certified they get greater recognition for their skills. The Microsoft Open badge they get on completing certifications can be broadcast on networking and social media channels. These badges are verified and hence more valuable.

This reflects well not only on them but on the company they work with as well. This builds trust in the company as partners and clients can see that the team responsible for their projects is highly qualified.

Value of Microsoft Open Badges

A Final Word

Microsoft certification is valuable for employees and employers. An employee can complete the course on his own but in that case, he’s focusing more on the benefits it would bring to his CV and future job prospects. There is also no guarantee your employee will use his newfound skills for the company’s benefit.

However, when the company sponsors employee training, it’s not just one person with skills, your whole team gets a skill upgrade. So, are you ready for your first batch of Microsoft certified employees?

Get Started :

Students Certified


Keep me Updated

Get tips, latest Courses and Offers